Day 1 (21 Days of Gratitude)

Over the next three days, I am participating in the Orange Frog Workshop in Alexandria, Virginia. This work is based on the research on Shawn Achor, author of the The Happiness Advantage and focuses on positive psychology and the benefits that the Orange Frog framework can bring to your organization.  Shawn has a TED Talk that has been viewed millions of times which outlines the basis of his research and provides context into what I am learning about within these three days.


One of the practices that Shawn recommends within this professional learning opportunity is to create positive habits, targeting specific behaviors to improve.  I have accepted this challenge and for the next 21 days, I will post a blog each evening about things for which I am grateful in my life.

Day 1:
There is not a day that goes by that I am not grateful for my immediate family.  I am so incredibly fortunate to be married to my best friend who keeps me focused, makes me laugh, and loves me unconditionally.  Johna often pushes my thinking and makes me better by asking questions that require me to think deeply.  I honestly do not know where I would be without my wife; I love her so very much.


I have two little boys at home that are enthusiastic, empathetic, loving, hilarious, and just plain fun. Mason and Nolan bring joy to my life every single day.  Whether it is playing ninjas in the living room, attacking members of the "dark side" in the backyard, reading about our favorite reptiles, or snuggling up watching our favorite movies on the couch, these boys make my life complete.  There are many times when Johna and I are worn down by the bickering between Mason and Nolan and the busyness of life, but we are always reminded of the incredible love that we have for these two little guys with their kind words, loving hearts, and beautiful personalities.  I am incredibly grateful for my family and must remember that every day that I have with these people is a true blessing.


More to come...

Dan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Best...

Why Do I Lead?

Nike, Amazon, and Two Incredible Elementary Schools